Eighth grade class field trip to the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute.
- Darwin Discovery Day volunteer presenter, MSU museum of science and culture, March 2014 (with the MSU Graduate Women in Science). Designed and shared information about tectonic plates, Pangaea, and biogeography of fossil species.
- W. K. Kellogg Biological Station "Share the Harvest." October 2013. Designed and led a Stream Food Web game.
- Michigan State University Graduate Women in Science. Oct 2012 -2013. Mentor to MSU female undergraduate senior applying to graduate school.
- Eno River Association. Nov 2008 – July 2012. Helping protect the Eno River basin. Volunteer activities include: trail building, invasive plant removal, fence removal, litter pickup.
- Durham Literacy Center. Jan 2008 – July 2010. “The mission of the Durham Literacy Center is to empower Durham County residents who want to enrich their lives by improving their literacy skills.” Adult literacy tutor, civic literacy workshop organizer, Great Human Race recruiter/fundraiser/participant, and support tutor.
- Women and Math Mentoring Program. Spring 2008. Mentor to two female eighth grade students.
- The Jordan Child & Family Enrichment Center, Raleigh, NC. Nature walk and science day co-leader with an Americorps VISTA.